Friday 14 February 2014

$100 Grocery Challenge Update #2

Share it Please

Sunday again brought food prep to save time later in the week. The above cookies were delicious too - made with oil rather than butter for cheaper baking. I made bulk breakfasts (porridge with a cube of cream in each container, plus the last of a bag of frozen berries, and the last of a bottle of maple syrup), Lentil Shepherds Pie and a Yellow Split Pea curry to eat over the week. I also pulled out a small packet of pastrami I had in the freezer that I bought on clearance for $1. And my lovely colleague brought me tomatoes, avocado, fruit and other bits and pieces.






As per last week, my daughter doesn't like eating breakfast, and takes the same thing for lunch each day.



Saturday:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs on toast.

Lunch: Snacked.

Dinner: Spinach and tomato fried rice.


Sunday:

Breakfast: Eggs on toast.

Lunch: Snacked.

Dinner: Carrot and pastrami pizza.


Monday:

Breakfast: Porridge.

Lunch: Vegetable fried rice.

Dinner: Shell pasta with frozen green beans, tomato, pastrami, canola oil and a little grated cheese.


Tuesday:

Breakfast: Porridge.

Lunch: Vegetable fried rice.

Dinner: Shepherds Pie.



Wednesday:

Breakfast: Porridge and a nashi.

Lunch: Vegetable fried rice.

Dinner: Split pea curry, fried rice, guacamole.



Thursday:

Breakfast: Porridge.

Lunch: Sushi (work paid lunch).

Dinner: Shepherds Pie.



Friday:

Breakfast: Porridge.

Lunch: Vegetable fried rice.

Dinner: Split pea curry.



Snacks were carrots, boiled eggs and cookies.

All beverages consumed were water.

I enjoyed having more vegetables and pulses in my diet this week. We had barely any meat and we certainly didn't feel like we were missing out anything. I've still got a chicken and a packet of mince to last through the next two weeks  as well as plenty of staples, but I've got almost $30 I can also spend at the supermarket this weekend. 

Halfway through and doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment