Friday 28 February 2014

$100 Grocery Challenge Update #4

Share it Please

Final week of the challenge, so with the last of my $100 I bought ingredients I could utilise to use up a lot of the remaining food left in my fridge and pantry. Would you believe I have lost this docket, which is gutting because in total, for the entire month of February, I ended up spending $99.95 - yes, I came in with just $0.05 to spare!!! If I end up finding the docket I will edit this post, as I was so proud of what I had done!

So over the weekend I baked up large, using up old carrots and frozen bananas among other things. First I made banana bread:



Carrot cake/muffins (these photos and the one above make it look like they were burnt - they weren't):





And more delicious bread:



Breakfasts were porridge, lunches were peanut butter sandwiches, leftovers or fried rice, and we only drank water. Snacks were home baking. Dinners to follow...


Saturday: Vegetarian 'fried chicken' (recipe and review to come), served with oven fries and carrots.


Sunday: Breakfast for dinner! Pancakes and milk, for a treat.


Monday: As Saturday.


Tuesday: 'Fried chicken' and oven fries.


Wednesday: Microwaved 'roast' chicken with fried rice.


Thursday: As yesterday.


Friday: Fried rice with chicken.

And there you have it! Less than $100 spent on groceries for two hungry adult sized people, for an entire month! It wasn't overly exciting, gourmet or beautiful, but we didn't go hungry and generally we got a variety of foods. I challenge you all to set yourselves a strict budget for a month to see how much food you can use up, and how much money you can save!

No comments:

Post a Comment