Wednesday 1 January 2014

Celebrating the New Year... Frugally!

Share it Please

Greetings 2014, may you be a good one. And so Frugal '14 begins! January 1st 2014 has dawned warm and sunny and I'm relaxed and looking forward to my year of frugality. 

When I woke up this morning I wanted something special for breakfast to celebrate New Years Day. The old me would have got up and gone out for breakfast. Instead I decided to 'eat out' at home - have a special brekkie from what I already have. So I made scrambled eggs (cheap), avocado (free, given to me) drizzled in olive oil and salt (cheap), and leftover real berry and feijoa juices I had in the fridge. It was delicious!

So I feel like I've had a treat, but it didn't cost me anything. I think it's important to recognise occasions so that you don't feel like you're going without, but to do so as cheaply as possible.

One note I want to make is that I will be blogging entirely from my iPhone - posts, photos, everything. So my formatting may not be fancy and my photos certainly won't be the quality of many blogs', but this is what technology is for, right? :-)

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment